An age has past, I write at last!

Yep, an age has past. Truth be told I haven't opened this blog for a good several months. It sat here in cyberspace, waiting for my return. 5 months maybe? .. no.. probably more. I've been studying more about how you say mundane stuff like this in other languages, than I have been in English  ;)
I've trucked through a bunch of jobs this year.. Delhi cashier,  boat cleaner, varnish work at the boat harbor, private varnish contract, caregiver, English conversation partner.. and then finally.. and luckily.. where I am now - electronics builder .
It's perfect. I'm glad I don't have three part time jobs again.
I still have plenty of goals to accomplish, and I never planned to stay in California for very long. . and yet here I am. I studied hard, got my English teaching certificate, only to realize that the job market is very difficult.
Somehow, It doesn't perturb me, nor disturb me, it's just a fact. Facts are facts, you just work around them. That's the only way to survive anyhow. ))
Studying other languages has given me a vast choice of emoticons to choose from. The Japanese have extremely spectacular emoticons.. simply because the choice of Kanji and random text options are endless on their keyboards. haha
English uses tons of acronyms and letters to make faces. For example "LOL" and "xD ".
And Russian... their emoticons are awesome. Simple, straight to the point and super easy to make.
depending on how many )))) at the end of a sentence reminds me of an imaginary point system haha
basically .. they are smiley faces without eyes. Great idea!
Also, you have to use the shift key to create a "." when you are typing... maybe it's easier to just continue the sentence with "," for them, because that's the first option ))
I haven't tried learning Korean. It's too similar to Japanese in a lot of random ways, which is like me trying to learn Spanish. ><  Sure Spaniards/Mexicans roll their R's, but there are way too many English words in their language. This makes me want to add O's or A's to the end of English words and pass it off as "good Spanish".

My favorite random pastime is to read warning labels and instruction packets all the way through, from English to Urdu, or whichever language takes precedence. Reading things in other languages is like a game to me, but answering someone who writes me in three different languages is slightly... MORE difficult xD
That being said, I still constantly switch keyboards from message to message, Russian to Japanese, Japanese to Russian, and then maybe to English if I need to translate something, or if my local friends message me.

Life for me, is always slightly better than what I deserve ))
I hope to find an English teaching job soon so that I can leave CA,  but in the mean time I will make do with what I have.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrolysis Reaction

A look into life

Impromptu story writing